Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) (6 hours)
The EFAW courses involve at least 6 hours of training run over either 1 day or multiple shorter sessions
The course is designed to train participants to be able to administer first aid to injured or ill persons in a low-risk environment, such as an office, shop or library.
Under the Health & Safety Regulation (First Aid) 1981, it is suggested that for every 25-50 employees there should be at least 1 EFAW trained first aider.
The qualification is valid for three years.
Learning Outcomes & Assessment criteria:
- Understand the role and responsibility of a First Aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally casualty.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in seizure.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Understand how to manage a casualty with minor burns and scalds.
Prices: On enquiry